Product managers are involved in a wide variety of strategic and tactical duties. As a product manager you will have a hand in:
- Conducting research on a company’s market, audience, and competitors
- Developing a strategic plan for a product
- Communicating this plan using a product roadmap and presenting it to key stakeholders in your organization
- Coordinate the development of the plans once given the green light
- Act on feedback and data analysis after building, testing, and introducing the product to the market
You can, therefore, think of product management as the task of determining the “why?” for a product’s purpose. The product manager has the responsibility of communicating these objectives to the rest of your company and ensure you’re working toward a shared goal.
This is a perfect role for veterans who are used to working in a team environment where all members are held accountable.